Sunday, January 27, 2008

Goodbye, President Hinckley

I was so sad when I heard the news of Pres. Hinckley's death. I guess a death at 97 shouldn't be shocking, but I think I just thought he would live forever. Men don't get better than him. When you listen to Pres. Hinckley, you feel like you can do what he asks. He is firm in his beliefs and standards and preaches them in such a loving way instead of hellfire and brimstone.
I told Parker (who was already in bed) about his death. It touched my heart to see Parker cry. He is only 7 years old and isn't supposed to be prone to feeling for others (because of his AS), but was truly sad because he really loved him. He then read the "Walnut Tree" book about Pres. Hinckley and went to sleep.
I'm so glad President Hinckley is reunited with his cute, little wife. He deserves it.

No comments: