Sunday, August 31, 2008
Let me tell you about a quick conversation I had while away. I had been reading by the pool and got up to go back to the room. Mind you, I'm wearing a swimsuit. Well, this older lady approaches me and says, "How far along are you?!"...........................Tears sprung to my eyes and I sucked my tummy in and said, "EXCUSE ME?". She then pointed to my book and said, "How far along are you in "Breaking Dawn"? I'm only on the third book".
So, there is a little lesson there.....NEVER ask someone how far along they are unless you specify what you are talking about. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER!!!!
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
- Parker's brand-new lunch box zipper ripped right off as I was closing it. Yeah for Target for returning it, even with his name "sharpied" on it.
- On the first (there were three) drive to school, I somehow lost my car keys, but did find them quickly
- I got home, and the basement bathroom had flooded as a result of a broken sprinkler...yes, the one we had just fixed on Saturday. Hallelujah for tile floor!
- I spilled baked beans all over the kitchen floor. Hallelujah for tile floor!
- Quinn fell down the bottom 3 stairs....not Hallelujah for tile floors! Poor guy!
- Took Emi to Kindergarten orientation....the second trip to school. As we were leaving to get Quinn, noticed a little puff of smoke in the mountains above the kids school...hmmmm. Glad to see Parker out at lunch recess, now knowing he didn't start the fire!
- Got Quinn, headed back to school for a third trip to school to pick up carpool for early out day. I become engulfed in smoke! Fastest fire I've ever seen.
- Went husbandless to Wendy's for dinner with the kids to celebrate first day of school. I let Quinn down as much Diet Coke as he wanted....he had to be in the car all day and I took pity on the boy!
- Finally, I plopped into bed to start "Breaking Dawn"....zonked out after 5 pages.
Back to the rat race......I'm just tired of being the head rat!
Saturday, August 16, 2008
- Padres Game
- 5 full days on the beach
- Children's Museum
- Thanksgiving Pointe Farm
- Sleeping under the stars with my sis and watching movies on the gigantic movie screen.
- Countless playdates
- hours of Wii fit tournemants (I ROCK at ski jumping.....seriously, I'm good at it!)
- hours at the library
- biking, jeeping, and razor scooting the neighborhood
- Staying in Grandpa S.'s RV for the night
- Cousin time, many parties/BBQ's, firework displays
Granted, this summer has also had the boring things like countless grocery store trips (with 3 kids...who doesn't love that?), hours of AS therapy, and house scrubbing. But, come on....why do I feel like I have to fit 10,000 more activities into next week!?! They have toys, don't they?
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Here is Emi at the Hopkins BBQ in Park City the other night. They entertained themselves for an hour by turning on and off the bounce house. Thanks again, Carey, for having us up (and 22 children) to eat and play. Sorry that we all ended up in your bedroom with Julie watching Olympics and using your massager!
And then there's Quinn....stick him in a swing and he's happy forever. The one sock is result of a wasp sting on his toe...thanks to former lifeguard Jenn who knew how to treat it right!
I will now try to entertain myself by simultaneously watching Olympic Gymnastics, unloading my dishwasher, and finishing "Eclipse" so that no one will spoil "Breaking Dawn" for me!
Sunday, August 3, 2008
(yep...I'm the tall one...unusual for me!)