So, I've always been a decent sleeper. Just not this summer. I cannot get it together and get a full nights rest. I go to bed way too late and actually fall asleep pretty quickly, but then I wake-up. There are a variety of physical ailments that are usually the cause for me to wake up, but it's the mental ones keeping me awake right now.
Here is a partial list (without getting to the extremely personal stuff) that is keeping my eyes open and my brain racing:
*What will 6th grade bring for a cute kid with Asperger's?
*Why is my new dishwasher constantly beeping at me?
* What color should I paint my bedroom? I'm done with the red.
* When did my body age so much?
* What will Emi's passion ever turn out to be?
* Is Quinn's voice always going to be so high? It's cute now, but is he always going to talk like Elmo?
* What will 3 kids doing homework do to my life?
* How little can I get away with cooking this week?
* So, after this next dance year, do I "go big" and move it to a bigger location?
*If so, where?
*Or do I just shut it down completely and have time in my life again?
* What must Bill think about on those crazy long bike rides?
* Could he JUST STOP SNORING! (Sorry...you know it's true, hon)
* Maybe I should just get out of bed and organize Bill's desk. It haunts me.
* Strategies to get Macy to poop in the potty.
* The words to "Popular" from Wicked.
* What amazing thing should I plan to do in the name of my 40th birthday? (13 1/2 months away)
* How did I ever enjoy "The Facts of Life" with such awful acting (It's on in the wee hours of the morning....as is "Family Ties")
* Why does my cat insist on drinking water out of a bowl in our master bathtub?
* Can the election just be done?
* Because of our remodel, I don't really have a place to put my tacky wipe board calendar with everyone's schedule. I am kind of losing my mind without it. Where, where where to put it? Maybe in the bathroom?
* Why did I have kids?
* Who is EVER going to deem my kids worthy to marry?
*.....and various and sundry other anxiety-filled thoughts.
I'm quite an anxious person. It's kind of an annoying thing and definitely inherited. I try to keep it in control, but night seems to be when it loves to come out because nothing distracts me.
So tell me......am I weird or do YOU have crazy thoughts in your head all night?
Sunday, August 19, 2012
Sunday, August 12, 2012
Can I really believe that 20 years have passed since I graduated Skyline? In someways, it seems like a whole lifetime has passed. In other ways, we all just picked up just where we left off. I always think that is a a sign of a great friendship. The first night was strictly alumni. Such a good way to go. It was so fun to catch up. I was there nearly 5 1/2 hours. It's really, REALLY good to talk with people who knew you before life hit. They knew you when your biggest problem was math tests and pimples. Life has been good for most, but everyone obviously has their "stuff". It's good to know you aren't alone.
Here are my cute LaNichee besties.
Becky, Suzanne, and Tami C. at the LaNichee lockers.
Mony, Liz W., Michelle, and Jeff
Me and my sweet Daela. My first year in Dance Company, she taught to break my ballet training and get funky. Love her! She also slept out for Janet Jackson tickets....in the rain,,,,for a bunch of us. Funnest concert ever.
Shane, Cliff, Pete, and Tom
My Eastwood Elementary girls: me, Robin, and Allison
Kathy, Mel, and Liz W.
Kelly, Ryan, and Jeff. Kelly used to get on my case that my shorts were too short. I remember him making fun of me since I went to BYU (land of knee length shorts) but that I found a loop hole by wearing my cheer squad skirt.
I thought spouses might drag the party down, but leave it to Bill to know half the people there. He went to BYU with several girls I knew in high school.
Charlie, Kathy, me, Bill
My junior high girls: me, Renee, Emi
Jill and me
If my scanner wasn't belly-up, I'd be able to show some pics from the photo booth they had set up. They were really fun. I was pretty nervous to go. I'm just sure no one will remember me, which is silly, because there is no one I really forgot. My very closest high school friend Tami, is sadly, one of the 9 that is no longer with us. It was kind of hard to see the super close friends and know that mine was not there. But, blessed with so many other wonderful people who made my high school experience sweet and crazy. See you all at the silver.