- I don't the get the hoopla over St. Patrick's Day. Maybe it's because I'm not Irish or that I don't drink. However, you would have thought it was Christmas to Emi. A Leprechaun sent them on a hunt and messed up her classroom. She was thrilled.
- Parker won 1st place in the photography division of the Art Express contest. He was beyond thrilled. We almost didn't make it to the awards ceremony in time, but thanks to a wonderful and brave Grandma, he made it in time! What a cool surprise! He so wanted to use his new Christmas camera from Grandpa N. (which is way better than our camera).
This is the winning pic...Mt. Olympus after a snow storm
3. Parker, Bill, and I attended the second session of the Draper Temple dedication on Friday. I happened to see part of the first, which was the cornerstone ceremony (we are standing by the newly added cornerstone). We were in one of the big sealing rooms. Parker was wiggly, but did good for having to be there 2 1/2 hours early. It was wonderful and beautiful. Quite an experience.
4. Emi believes that, since there are Storm Troopers and Snow Troopers (Parker talks about this stuff a lot), that there should be Sun Troopers. I can just imagine them....skipping around in orange plastic costumes. Sorry, I had to mention it.
5. About 1/4 of the people I have told about my pregnancy have said, "I was wondering if you were". This is not a nice thing to say.
6. Because of the temple dedication, we did NOT have to go to church today. Neither did Bill. This has been heaven. He took the older kids to visit Aunt Lisa, and I had a decent nap!!!!! We ate a 3-course breakfast, I planned my week, we enjoyed each other....I am so in love with this. I may not ever go again. What a novel idea to have my husband home on a Sunday!
7. Quinn is still adorable, but just a little fiesty this week. Yesterday, we went to Friday's and the kid ate his weight in food.