Sunday, October 9, 2011

What's my motivation?

This might be short and not very sweet. I've reached a new level of busy in my life. A complete frantic run from one thing to the next. The thought of another week is making me short of breath. The worst part is....no motivation. Which is so not the case this week. I have a wonderful motivation to make it to Thursday this week (details later), but getting to that point might kill me off. 2011 has been a new level of hard for me. I have a very loving, yet absent a lot, husband. When I look back to this year, it will truly be a "wow...I got through it" type of memory. It's part of life. It's my season of life. Every dog will have her day.

I really need to know....how do you all get motivated to get through homework, housework, diapers, laundry, and all the other things we women have in our lives? I really need your comments on this.

Thanks and I will be brighter and happier tomorrow. I promise.

6 comments:

pan x 8 said...

Motivation? Girl, as busy as we are and as full of life our children are, most times I just get through the day. Don't forget the "Forget me nots" and sometimes the work is messy but as long as your end result is what you want - it turned out great!

You are so awesome Liz! Remember to take moments for yourself (advice from Carey ~ your old neighbor when I first moved into the ward)!

It really does wonders!

Joshua Jensen said...

I'm with Janice. The only way I've made it through lately is one -day- at- a- time. Little motivations each day. "Pep" talks from General Authorities or my husband or my family and friends.

You have always amazed me! I don't know how you do all that you do. Sometimes it also helps me to stop everything and reevaluate my priorities.

Jennifer said...

Going to the temple is what really helps me. I find that if I increase my temple attendance my ability to cope increases. That's how I have been able to make it through everything that has happened to us this past year. I know it sounds a little crazy because we only have so much time, but it really works

Stacey said...

Can't wait for some serious therapy sessions starting Thursday night! How many hours until it starts? Hang in there for 3 more days :)

BJorg said...

You are seriously amazing! You do it all, and do it so well!

But, since you asked, it's a little silly, but I have two go-to mind tricks that help me get turned around when the going gets rough.

#1: I go "big picture". I tell myself I'm not just helping with homework, I'm teaching them how to work through things that get tough. I'm not just cleaning, I'm providing comfort and love.

#2: Switch "I have to" to "I want to". I don't have to do laundry, I want to do it so my children don't look homeless. I want to drive them to lessons so they can develop their talents. I want to change diapers (ok, not necessary for me anymore, but still...) because someday in the distant future, someone might have to do that for me, and I'll appreciate it so much!

Sometimes it's a reach, but it works for me.

Paul or Lindsay said...

As Tony Horton says, "do your best and forget the rest."

And then he tells us that curling 40 lbs in each arm isn't why he looks so young; it's by doing yoga, so do we really trust him?

Anywho, you were right. 3 kids is a whole different animal. So I'm not one to give any advice on motivation at the moment. I do have one montra that's helping me right now though:

Shoot for sanitary, not spotless.