Yep...as of 4:56 p.m. this afternoon, I have officially been a parent for 10 years. Where did the time (and my sanity) go.....
My sweet Parker turned 10.
Here is some stuff I like about Parker right now:
1. His impressive knowledge of stuff. I say stuff because I can't say that I'm totally thrilled to hear all the in's and out's of every Star Wars vehicle, but I'm impressed with how much information he can store in his brain. His memory in unnatural.
2. His love for Macy. She can do no wrong. I wonder if that is how it is always going to be, but she can mess up anything of his and he doesn't care. Anyone else....and watch out. He kisses her several times a day.
(2 years old)
3. There is rarely a dull moment with him. Notice the one snow boot. This was typical. We once found everything off every shelf, and him lying asleep naked in the middle of it. We never used that sitter again.
4. He's resourceful and cares very little about money. Through Bill's unemployment, he was often found offering up his money to help out. He even made $6.40 on a lemonade/juice stand and gave the money to Bill. We cried. This is a pic of him entertaining my student's parents. He often drags Emi into his endeavors.
5. Parker can build a Lego set in nothing flat!
6. His musical ability still amazes. He'll have his entire week worth of lessons memorized for piano in 2-3 days.
7. He's scrappy, silly, creative, and has a great sense of humor
8. He really could care less about sports, but is still the ultimate Cougar fan.
9. The Spirit is very strong with him. He looks at the world and spirituality in a very unique way. I would love to see the world through his eyes, just even for a day.
10. He's just so darned handsome. I mean, I know I'm his mom, but he really is good looking.
Raising Parker has never, never been easy but it is so, so worth it. Asperger's kicks my butt on an extremely regular basis, probably more than I ever let on. He truly is special, and he has to be. The obstacles he has to get over on a daily basis....well, it's often painful to watch. I really believe he has come a long way in just 10 years and I know he will be one to watch. He's bound for greatness!
I love you, Parker!