Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Before and After...LAUNDRY ROOM EDITION


I truly have painted or redone most of my house in the 12 years I have lived in it. However, my laundry/stair area has been so very neglected. My cousin Brooke has been wondering when I would post these, but I've been hesitant because I still don't have my laundry countertop. Who cares? I'll post a pic later.

May I say.......I'm so, so much happier!

This paint was an experiment. Nice for awhile, but I'm over it. The linoleum was a nice touch, don't you think?


My coat and shoe situation was a joke. 4 kids x 3-4 coats each=chaos.
The whole world ended up on my dryer (ha,ha....I didn't even put the globe there for the joke. It was already there). The biggest part was knocking the closet out, but Parker thoroughly enjoyed being the demolition crew.


And now.....here is the final product. Without the countertop.




I cannot tell you how much these lockers have changed my life. It's really sad how much I love them. I can store ski helmets, bike crap...EVERYTHING!

I wanted my laundry area to be beachy so that I could be happy when I did laundry.
So...there you go. I'm happy.....however, now I'm on to a bathroom and a kitchen next summer. Watch out.

7 comments:

Ashley said...

That laundry area is stunning. I was just thinking today about the locker/cabinet system I will want someday in a permanent home and you just created my dream area. I like the paint color too!

pan x 8 said...

Liz, it looks great!!! I even want to do laundry in your laundry room! I love the locker area. I'm thinking of getting something for my garage where I have my kids hang their backpacks, sweaters and have all their shoes (Jen Hilbig's idea) which is so great!

Thanks for the share 1

Karen said...

It's great! I love the color and the lockers!! gorgeous.

Monika said...

It looks fabulous!! I am so happy for you. I'm looking forward to the day my lockers bring me the same enjoyment (any day now please!)

Jennifer said...

Love, Love Love it!!!

brooke said...

FABULOUS. They are even better in real life. I'm going to stop coming into your house because I am majorly coveting that mudroom area. It really did turn out so pretty.

Lori said...

You did a lovely job -- I love the colors and what a great idea to have the lockers. The key is always to have a place for everything, but it's sometimes so hard to figure that out. Looks like you got the job done.
Thanks for sharing.