So, I've always been a decent sleeper. Just not this summer. I cannot get it together and get a full nights rest. I go to bed way too late and actually fall asleep pretty quickly, but then I wake-up. There are a variety of physical ailments that are usually the cause for me to wake up, but it's the mental ones keeping me awake right now.
Here is a partial list (without getting to the extremely personal stuff) that is keeping my eyes open and my brain racing:
*What will 6th grade bring for a cute kid with Asperger's?
*Why is my new dishwasher constantly beeping at me?
* What color should I paint my bedroom? I'm done with the red.
* When did my body age so much?
* What will Emi's passion ever turn out to be?
* Is Quinn's voice always going to be so high? It's cute now, but is he always going to talk like Elmo?
* What will 3 kids doing homework do to my life?
* How little can I get away with cooking this week?
* So, after this next dance year, do I "go big" and move it to a bigger location?
*If so, where?
*Or do I just shut it down completely and have time in my life again?
* What must Bill think about on those crazy long bike rides?
* Could he JUST STOP SNORING! (Sorry...you know it's true, hon)
* Maybe I should just get out of bed and organize Bill's desk. It haunts me.
* Strategies to get Macy to poop in the potty.
* The words to "Popular" from Wicked.
* What amazing thing should I plan to do in the name of my 40th birthday? (13 1/2 months away)
* How did I ever enjoy "The Facts of Life" with such awful acting (It's on in the wee hours of the morning....as is "Family Ties")
* Why does my cat insist on drinking water out of a bowl in our master bathtub?
* Can the election just be done?
* Because of our remodel, I don't really have a place to put my tacky wipe board calendar with everyone's schedule. I am kind of losing my mind without it. Where, where where to put it? Maybe in the bathroom?
* Why did I have kids?
* Who is EVER going to deem my kids worthy to marry?
*.....and various and sundry other anxiety-filled thoughts.
I'm quite an anxious person. It's kind of an annoying thing and definitely inherited. I try to keep it in control, but night seems to be when it loves to come out because nothing distracts me.
So tell me......am I weird or do YOU have crazy thoughts in your head all night?