Thursday, February 25, 2010

Yoga, Yoga, Yoga

By far, the hardest of the P90X DVDs is the yoga....I'm a tad embarrassed to admit this, being a dancer. Granted, it's 90 minutes....I've taught 3 jazz classes in a row.....I've been up since 5:30 with Macy....I shouldn't feel bad that it is hard.

I did an intense 3-week program of yoga one summer while doing my dance major at BYU with a principal dancer for Boston Ballet. 2 hours every morning....we are talking headstands, handstands, the whole bit. Then we'd dance the rest of the day. Ouch! but I have NEVER been so strong, so flexible, and my dancing was the best it ever was. It's such a wonderful workout, but FREAK! So hard.

I'm really impressed with Bill. He's not a flexible man (body, not personality), but he is SO diligent in trying it all.

I kind of dread Thursdays, now that I know it's "yoga day". It will get better. I've lost a few pounds, so I'm encouraged.

Plastic surgery is looking like a great way to go..........

4 comments:

pan x 8 said...

You go girl!

After 4 weeks, I totally started to skip yoga on Thurs and put in a run instead! I wasn't feeling the groove at all!!

Cindy said...

I love yoga...haven't done the p90x version, but any exercise routine that ends with a nap sounds good to me:)

brooke said...

Yoga is so hard. I've never been able to get into it but I know it is so good for you--I'm so not flexible and I was a dancer in my past as well.

I think we should look into a two-fer on the plastic surgery. It is every woman's right after bearing children.

Karen said...

Maybe if enough go in, they'll give us a group discount...

Good for you on sticking with it! I'm super impressed.