Saturday, January 2, 2010

The December Marathon....I survived!


I must confess...I'm kind of glad it's January. December wore me out!

We made gingerbread cookies at my mom's house.....
Emi danced as a reindeer and as a Polar Express child (not pictured)...
we partied with the bishopric (that's non-alcoholic by the way)....
we wrote and delivered letters to Santa....
we mugged for the camera....
multiple times.....
we went Christmas caroling with our neighbors...

and played great at the Christmas recital (Parker's giving himself a thumbs up)
Quinn and Derek were bribed with a ride on the mall train for coming on vistiting teaching visits....
we saw the lights at Thanksgiving Point and enjoyed their live reindeer. This is the "Charlie Brown Christmas" moment. Notice the little tree? They are pretending it is the little tree in the show and doing the "Hark the Herald Angel" OOO's from the show.
We made a great gingerbread house!
Bill and I were lucky enough to get away for a day to go snowmobiling with our neighbors...
and we giggled the night away at the annual "Girl's Night" white elephant party up at a great cabin.
We saw Temple Square...wet cold mittens were the cost for this picture.
we built a small, lame snowman (the snow wouldn't pack). Drive by my house now. We have a WAY better one.
Bill taught Emi and Quinn to make his famous fudge....it's amazing. I can't believe I was lucky enough to marry someone who makes killer fudge.
We donned Christmas jammies
and loved Christmas morning!
Macy got a dolly...
and Emi loved her Zu-Zu pet from cousin Caroline.

Believe it or not, there was more, but I won't subject you to even more. It was a wonderful Christmas with my wonderful family!

4 comments:

Mark Newman said...

Looks like a very fun and festive month! It was fun to read all the details!

Mark

Bill said...

It was a good month!
How'bout we do it again next year?

pan x 8 said...

Love the picturesque way of blogging... you totally drew me in to each activity and I love it!

What an awesomeest month!!

brooke said...

The amazing thing is you did all of that with a new baby. Bill needs to teach Sam how to make killer fudge. I have no interest in learning--just in eating.